NOTICE!

Hey Folks! I started this blog before pinterest came along, or before I found it, at least. A lot of the posts here are merely links to things I wanted to remember. I need space on my account, so if you find something you like, open the link and then pin it quick, as I will be deleting the posts that are not my original ideas.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ironing Mats


I came across this product, the Touch Up Topper online. It is a heat resistant mat that lays over your dryer to use as an ironing surface. It has magnets in the corners to help hold it in place. I thought that sounded like a good idea, and found a few other versions of ironing mats in my searches.

  • Large mat with grid for measuring and cutting fabric as well! (With scissors, not rolling cutters, as far as I can tell)
  • Silicone pad that claims to iron both sides at once.
Yahoo! Here is a link to Little Birdie Secrets' tutorial on how to make your own ironing pad. I would like to give this one a try, I think I will add magnets to the corners so it can go on top of the dryer if I wish. Then I can get rid of my bulky, screechy, hunk of an ironing board.
You can get the backer fabric at Joann

No comments:

Post a Comment