Do you need bandaids to soothe little owies at least once a day? Oh boy, do I!
Couple that with a long lost blog post that inspired me to have a bag in the car for a time when you have to leave home right away, have no time to pack, and may not get to return for hours. Like if a loved one was admitted to the hospital or you have some car trouble out of town and have to stay over. Something like that. You don't need regular 72 hour kit stuff, instead you need snacks, money to buy food wherever you are, stuff to stay overnight in a pinch, etc. Basically a super-stocked diaper bag for the whole family.
- A change of clothes for the kids, doubling the underwear for potty training
- Diapers & wipes
- Foods that serve as snacks or meals in a pinch, like pop tarts, fruit cups, and energy bars.
- Bottled water
- Sanitizer wipes
- Activities for kids
- Cash! For buying meals, renting rooms, whatever. I end up using mine at garage sales. :)
- Toothbrushes & toothpaste. These come in handy when we are traveling at bedtime and don't want the kids to fall asleep with sugar in their mouths.
- Feminine hygiene items
- A first aid kit- mostly band aids & pain killer
- Comfortable walking shoes- not that I get stranded in heels often, but it is a good suggestion.