NOTICE!

Hey Folks! I started this blog before pinterest came along, or before I found it, at least. A lot of the posts here are merely links to things I wanted to remember. I need space on my account, so if you find something you like, open the link and then pin it quick, as I will be deleting the posts that are not my original ideas.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Go Bag

Have you ever left the house and realized you didn't have deodorant on? Had a kid pour a waterbottle on themselves in the car?  Or had a kid need to potty in the middle of nowhere? 
Do you need bandaids to soothe little owies at least once a day? Oh boy, do I!

Couple that with a long lost blog post that inspired me to have a bag in the car for a time when you have to leave home right away, have no time to pack, and may not get to return for hours.  Like if a loved one was admitted to the hospital or you have some car trouble out of town and have to stay over. Something like that. You don't need regular 72 hour kit stuff, instead you need snacks, money to buy food wherever you are, stuff to stay overnight in a pinch, etc.   Basically a super-stocked diaper bag for the whole family. 
This is where our Go Bag was born.  Depending on the time of year it contains the following things:
  • A change of clothes for the kids, doubling the underwear for potty training
  • Diapers & wipes
  • Foods that serve as snacks or meals in a pinch, like pop tarts, fruit cups, and energy bars. 
  • Bottled water
  • Sanitizer wipes
  • Activities for kids
  • Cash! For buying meals, renting rooms, whatever. I end up using mine at garage sales. :)
  • Toothbrushes & toothpaste. These come in handy when we are traveling at bedtime and don't want the kids to fall asleep with sugar in their mouths.
  • Feminine hygiene items
  • A first aid kit- mostly band aids & pain killer 
  • Comfortable walking shoes- not that I get stranded in heels often, but it is a good suggestion. 
 Next to our Go Bag is a travel potty, including toilet paper and spare underwear/pull-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment