NOTICE!

Hey Folks! I started this blog before pinterest came along, or before I found it, at least. A lot of the posts here are merely links to things I wanted to remember. I need space on my account, so if you find something you like, open the link and then pin it quick, as I will be deleting the posts that are not my original ideas.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My New Apron

I have been hanging on to this skirt for at least a year.  It looked like a cute apron to me, and today was the day.  I busted out some brown jersey knit, I love the way it flows, and whipped up a ruffle and a bib/bodice using elastic thread.  Then I just sewed it all together and added satin ribbon for the ties. I like the look of the neckline tying on the front, plus I am less likely to tie my hair into the knot.  I pinned on a little tatted-lace flower and I am ready to go.

Except the fact that it is so cute I can't wear it to make things that stain.  I'll have to bust out my lunch lady apron.  Because birdhouses and sunflowers are what gourmet cooking is all about.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! My skirt! It is way cute sister. Just look at what you can do that sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete