NOTICE!

Hey Folks! I started this blog before pinterest came along, or before I found it, at least. A lot of the posts here are merely links to things I wanted to remember. I need space on my account, so if you find something you like, open the link and then pin it quick, as I will be deleting the posts that are not my original ideas.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Chocolate Hutch

I have been hankering for a hutch. I found this one on the local online classifieds and had to have it. We got it for a screaming deal at $50.  Used paint leftover from other projects, as well as spare lumber to remodel the top.  Add to that new lighting in the top and it cost us about $75.

Here is the before- the actual picture from the online ad
And the After - still waiting for cute knobs, but hey, it keeps the kiddo's out!  I have a fabulous hubby who busted out his tools and lumber and gave the top a makeover.  We added beadboard to the back, gave it a stronger top to support the lights,  removed the doors, and added supports to the shelves. I love how it turned out.

12 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to have a project like this and give you a call for your advice. You do great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept scrolling back and forth. I thought that I was somehow confused and it was not the same hutch, but IT IS! What a wonderful idea. A truly beautiful hutch. You should be very proud of this great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to know what paint you used. The color is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Did you use stain or paint? Can you tell me what type/color you used?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your compliments. The paint color we used was Olympic paint from Lowes, in Pumpernickel D18-6. Good luck on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw this on Better After - LOVE IT. The finish is gorgeous. =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this color, great job!! It is a really nice finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that is beautiful! It doesn't even look like the same hutch! Wow, wow, wow!!

    ~Allison @ House of Hepworths

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I saw you on 'Better After' again...you are famous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's the most gorgeous color that you chose! great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! (I'm a little late in the game, I know...)

    I have an almost identical (but smaller) hutch and sideboard given to us by my husband's cousin a couple of years back. I was curious... how did you remove the wood panel from the middle? Did you use a jigsaw? Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete