NOTICE!

Hey Folks! I started this blog before pinterest came along, or before I found it, at least. A lot of the posts here are merely links to things I wanted to remember. I need space on my account, so if you find something you like, open the link and then pin it quick, as I will be deleting the posts that are not my original ideas.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Last Minute Pranks

Here is one for all you procrastinators out there. (Myself included!) I think pranks should be things that surprise momentarily, not affecting the rest of the day. That might explain why most of my posts are things that involve funny foods.

Cool Water
Add colored pellets to your faucet to turn the water any color for a short time. Martha has detailed instructions here.
Here is the part that saves you a trip to the store: Make your own color tablets! Here are the steps (all measurements are approximate):
  1. Take precautions to protect your hands and workspace from staining. I would use plastic gloves and waxed paper.
  2. Find a microwave safe dish, preferably one that is stain resistant!
  3. Add 1 Tbs baking soda.
  4. Squeeze in 5 drops of food coloring.
  5. Mix with fork to combine. Keep mixing, it takes a minute to distribute well.
  6. Press your mixture into the bottom of the dish with the back of a spoon, adding a few drops of water if needed. Take care not to make it runny, however. The water will boil in the next step and splatter your microwave. I promise!)
  7. Put in microwave for 20-30 seconds, or until dried into chalk-like chunks.
That is it! Now just unscrew the aerator on your faucets and pop a few chunks in there. Screw back on, and wait for someone to come along who practices good hygiene.

Dresser Switcharoo
Another one from Martha. Switch your family's dresser contents, making it a scramble to find the right drawer. This might also be funny with bathroom supplies such as toothpaste and hairstyling products.

1 comment:

  1. Those were great! I'm always the brunt of the kitchen faucet sprayer taped in the ON position. My darn boys get me every time. They also have been known to put Alumn on my toothbrush... that'll pucker your mouth shut for quite awhile. What a fun post!

    ReplyDelete